- Take a look at our dogs
- Call one of our volunteers for more information on any of the dog(s) you may be interested in
- Our volunteer will give you more information, conduct a short telephone interview and answer any questions you may have
- If both parties are in agreement you will be invited to meet the dog in their foster home
- If you have fallen in love and decided you would like to offer a home – you will need to register your interest with our volunteer
- You will then be asked to go away discuss and think about it seriously, sleep on it and then call us the following day if still interested
- We will then arrange for a home check and if Pattering Paws requirements are met then an adoption date will be set – this will usually be for a few days time giving time to prepare for the new arrival.
- On Adoption day you will be able to collect your dog at which point you will sign the adoption papers and pay your donation.
- We will give you a few days to get used to your new arrival and let him/her settle in
- We will then contact you via telephone to ensure there are no real problems and that your new dogs is settling – and answer any questions or queries you may have
- After a few weeks we will then make a welfare check to ensure that the dog is settled, there are no problems and that the dog is being cared for appropriately
- If there are any teething problems then we will do our utmost to suggest solutions, answer questions or put you in contact with someone who can help – such as training club.